How to find and choose your web designer?
5 tips to find the professional your need
You might ask yourself why you would need a web designer to start with. There are several CMS that offers the possibility to create a website that might do the job. Before you decide to go to one or another CMS, you need to check first the services that are offered for the price, then what is your business strategy.
A website like WIX are easy to set up, but requires a monthly fee and are not visible clearly on Mobile phone. Other CMS like WordPress is free but requires knowledge’s for installation, settings and proper design.
All will depend on what you would like to do and your budget. But it is important to keep in mind that without the proper methods, a badly made website could be invisible or worth damage to your company. Do you want to risk all the effort you are putting on your company?
Often Web designer or web agency has several options to reach your website budget. The best step would be first getting several quotes in order to compare their offer.
Where to start:
How to find a web designer for your business, start those several steps:
- Check around you for recommendations
- Check on the web for Web designer “your city” Like for example Web designer Melbourne, or Web designer Sydney.
When you get the results, you must check the important point that will be review below.
- Check on local web designer or web agency on google map.
- Search for Professional web designer or agency, like “Web designer eCommerce” or “Web agency WordPress”
Questions to ask about your business:
- Do I need a website for my services or for a Shop?
- Do I want to be able to update it easily?
- Do I have lots of special requirements for my website (such as a calculation of prices depending on the time of traject for a taxi)
The 5 key points to ask when you get in touch with your professional web designer or web agency:
1. Is the website Responsive:
That is a key point that you have to be sure it would be. A responsive website is a website that will appear properly on different support such as a mobile phone or tablet. Some websites are still not optimised for Mobile phones. Nowadays almost 50% of visitors check websites from a cellphone.
Information based on Wolfgang Digital’s KPI Report 2019
2. Is the website built with CMS, WordPress or Shopify or Prestashop or in HTML? Do they do a static website or Online store or evolutive websites?
Website builders create in general on 1 of those platforms as each of them is very specific. You want to work with designers and developers that are specialist in their field. To choose which CMS is better for you, read our article “what are CMS, WordPress and Woocommerce”.
3. What solution your web specialist offers for the hosting and domain name, and how do they protect my project?
Depending on the solutions they offer you, you can rely on the liability or not. Hiring a designer should not mean that you could not change web designer in the future if you wish for. You should be able to keep, your domain name, your hosting and access to your full website, without having to argue for it. Read more about the domain name and hosting there.
4. Is that professional a web designer and a web developer?
Your website should represent your brand and company. A basic design with poor uniqueness can create confusion in the head of your customers and ending with a poor conversion rate. You need to have a website agency that has strong design services, and that should help you provide all the information that will put your business in the flashlight.
You need also to hire a web company that could offer a personalised design website. A custom website is what will make your website different from others and fully define your brand.
5. Can the agency realise as well, additional services such as digital marketings, email marketing, business cards, basic SEO or social media, backup or updates?
Building a website is a great start but you would need to go further to really use the full power of the internet.
- While starting a website, you might take the chance to define a stronger branding strategy, therefore having someone to help you have a strong visual identity through all your support can be a very strong point.
- To advertise your website, you might need to create an email marketing strategy by setting up a newsletter for example. You must, in that case, hire a web designer that can incorporate that marketing aspect.
- SEO is a very specific point that should be addressed to a specialist of that sector as it is a monthly work of many hours. That being said, it is important that you understand how SEO is working and the need for example to have a blog. It is important as well that your website is built with all the information that is required in-built.
- While the time will go you might need to do updates and eventually restore your website in case of a server problem. Your web designer should offer updates services as well as backups.
Informations based on Stat counter Hoot suite
In general, you must have a strong connection with your freelance web specialist or web design agency in order to have the result you wish for. They should be good communication and easily reachable.
When you get your quote, the important part would be judging the services they offer for the price. The cheaper option might be appealing but it is important to really compare what services they offer in front of the price.
Keep in mind the point that could be important for you, such as the additional services or the location.
Most of all you should keep in mind that you need to be able to be the owner of your website (point #3), then if you wish to change in the future of professionals, your work will not be forever lost.
Contact us here to get your free quote and details of our services to take care of your website the best your deserved.